Sonntag, 5. Januar 2014

More Z-Wave Stuff

I recently added some door/window contact sensors to my setup. Easy install. In addition I also added a motion sensor and a siren. All products are battery powered. If they sense a motion or an door/windows opening, they wake up from hibernation and send their new state to the z-wave controller.

The siren is also battery powered, but it useses something like Flirs. It sleeps for 900ms seconds, then wakes up, checks for new instructions for 100ms and then sleeps again. This way it can conserve battery power but is also ready for new commands like "power up the siren, we have an intrusiuon!".

But until I haven't tested the whole setup for false alarms and tripping sensors, I ll stay with email notifications until i feel comfortable enabling the siren in the alarm pattern. Because once this thing goes off, it really makes a hell of a noise.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen