Donnerstag, 15. April 2021

Fibaro Flood Sensor FGFS-101 Gen5 FW3.4 & Vera Lite

 Hi,

short post regarding the usage of Fibaro Floodsensor FGFS-101 with the Firmware 3.4 as per sticker on the PCB of the sensor. Adding them to an (old) Vera Lite z-wave hub was a pain until I figured out that it needs some manual work. My "old" Vera Lite is now I think over 7 years old, running okay most of the time with no problems or stability issues. I have a few roller shutters and lights. The Firmware of the Vera Lite is stuck at 1.7.1030 as I can't update to 1.7.1040 due to not enough storage. And I don't want to as everything works...

First, let me say that I recommend running these sensors with DC power supply. In battery mode they will die fast and are reported as "disconnected" in Vera. I don#t remember how I got them running the first time (when using battery) but today I tried to reconnect them and decided to use DC power instead of battery. One reason is the location in the cellar is far away from any other Z-Wave device which could relay their meassages and I have the feeling that with DC power they are more reliable. 

Anyway, changing them to DC power required to remove them (exclude) and then add (include) again. As there was no way to get them properly removed I had to delete them manually from Vera and exclude the devices manually as well. Once that was done, I wired them up properly as per manual and cut some small holes in the upper and lower shell to allow the cable to pass. Make them small, so the cable will be snug.

Then to the re-inclusion... Use the Vera App! Don´t use the web UI... Choose to add an "generic" Z-Wave device, connect the power to the FGFS-101, then advance in the wizard for inclusion until it asks for pressing the inclusion button on the "generic device". It is a quick triple click on the small tamper switch lever on the PCB. I did this while standing with the device in front of the Vera Lite, so I can see the inclusion LED stop blinking but nothing happened in the Vera App.... Try to start the inclusion (triple click) as soon as the 60s count down starts... The inclusion nearly takes 60s! Anyway, once triple clicked, don't worry (yet) if nothing happens. Once the countdown timer passed, the inclusion was still successful and the app (I am using iPhone app) asks for a name and a room for the "generic device". 

Back at the computer in the web UI you can see your new device along with a "_Temperature Sensor" which belongs to this FGFS-101. Give it a proper name.

You will see that the device in Vera shows up as Generic Device and not as sensor so it can't be used properly for scenes or alarms. This can be fixed by telling Vera Lite that this is actually a flood sensor. You will need to go into the settings of the "Generic Device", then "Advanced". In the "Params" (parameters) section there, you can make all the necessary changes. I did the following, I swapped the values for the generic device with flood sensor values:

  • device_file: D_FloodSensor1.xml
  • device_type: urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:FloodSensor:1
  • manufacturer: Fibaro
  • model: FGFS-101 Gen5
  • device_json: D_FloodSensorWithTamper1.json
  • category_num: 4
  • subcategory_num: 2
Thanks for the advise from amdokamal and mdg from this forum thread over at the official forum for the Vera Lite. My flood sensors now show up properly and work as expected.



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen